Let me start this off right. If I hurt your feelings by giving the truth, you need to get a backbone. I refuse to walk on egg shells and dance with a light step just to keep you feeling like everything is perfect. I also expect you to do the same for me.
Not everything tastes good with a coating of powdered sugar. True talk is one of them. As much as someone says they want nothing but truth, unless it's candy coated, their feelings are hurt. The truth is something I also have a hard time swallowing. It's much easier when it is followed up by a nice stout beer. More often than not, alcohol is not readily available.
I'm asked what I feel and I'll give the truth, in all its goriness. What happens when I crush your feelings? You become defensive and throw a wall up. That wall is nothing to me. It may as well be a piece of paper. I'll tear it to shreds with my sharp tongue. Emotions are easy to hide on a face, but not so much in the eyes. I can see when I have hurt you and you are trying to hide the pain behind an invisible veil.
This is where you realize you have bitten off more than you can chew. I'm too strong for you. I ask for your truth and I accept the responses. I also will become defensive. I'm not defending my feelings, I'm defending my beliefs. You can't break me down. You can't make me feel as if I am beneath you and I will not do the same to you. However, I will break you.
I'll tear you down to the core of your soul just to make you see. I want you to see that no matter how hard you try, you're the one who will hurt in the end.
Hmm... I'm feeling dramatic with a bit of sarcasm mixed with enjoyment. :)
I'm sorry. Were those your feelings I crushed??
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Posted by Rachel at 12:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment